Information we collect and receive
We may collect and receive information from you in the following situations:
- When you register for an account with us (“Account”).
- When you choose to connect your Account with an external third party service or application, such as Facebook.
- When you use the features and functions available on our Services, for example, by creating listings, interacting with other users through our chat feature, or transacting with other users.
- If you contact us, for example, with a query or to report a problem.
- When you register for a survey or campaign
- When you interact with us offline or through an external third party.
You are under no obligation to provide the information to us. However, if you choose to withhold the information or to revoke permission for us to receive the information, we may be unable to provide certain aspects of our Services to you.
By providing us with any information relating to a third party (e.g. information of your spouse, children, parents, and/or employees), you represent to us that you have validly obtained the consent of the third party to provide us with their information for the respective purposes.
We may collect and receive the following information. Please note that not all of our Services collect all of the information listed below:
- Account credentials such as username.
- Profile information such as, name, gender, email address, profile photo, mobile number.
- Any other information disclosed by you in any of the above-mentioned methods and/or through the use our Services.
- Aggregate data collected through the use of our Services.
- Any communications between you and another user of our Services.
Why we collect the information and how we use it
We may use the information collected and received from you for the following purposes:
- To verify your identity, update our records and generally maintain your Account with us.
- Provide our Services and customise the content shown to you.
- Develop, operate, improve, deliver and maintain our Services
- To process transactions.
- To process or arrange payment and/or shipping services.
- To process or resolve any dispute arising from or in connection with any transactions, in accordance with our Terms of Service.
- To detect or monitor any frauds or other prohibited content, businesses or activities.
- Responding to your queries and resolving complaints.
- To facilitate, confirm and/or provide updates or notifications in relation to any transactions.
- Carry out polls, surveys, analysis and research on how our Services are being used and how we can improve them.
- To update you on your listings and our Services (e.g. new offers, new chats, new feedback, new comments). These updates will be sent by email and/or through push notifications and you can choose to unsubscribe from these updates at any time through the “Settings” page of your Account.
- To send you marketing and/or promotional materials on the latest products and services of RICCADO or carefully selected third parties. These updates will be sent by email and/or through push notifications and you can choose to unsubscribe from these marketing communications via the link in the email you have received and/or through the “Settings” page of your Account. These marketing communications may also be communicated to you through text messages and/or voice calls if you have indicated that you wish to receive such updates through these methods. For more information on anonymous advertising, including to understand what opting-out means and your opt out choices, please see the Section 5 below.
Who we share your information with
We may share information about you in the following ways:
- When you register for an Account, the information which you make available on your profile may be viewed by other users of our Services. Other users of our Services would also be able to view the content which you upload and share on our Services.
- We may share the information with our affiliates and with third party service providers who assist us in performing certain aspects of our Services on our behalf, such as processing transactions, payment or shipping services, fulfilling requests for information, receiving and sending communications, updating marketing lists, analysing data, providing support services or in other tasks. Such service providers will only have access to your personal information to the extent necessary to perform their functions.
- We may share the information with our potential partners, investors and other parties with a view to a potential business partnership, collaboration, joint venture or otherwise in furtherance of our business.
- We may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or if we believe that such action is necessary to prevent fraud or crime or to protect our Services or the rights, property or personal safety of any person.
- We respect your privacy and we will not sell your personal information to any third party. We may disclose data and aggregate statistics about users of our Services and sales to prospective partners, advertisers, sponsors and other reputable third parties in order to describe our Services, deliver targeted advertisements or for other lawful purposes, but these data and statistics will not include information which can be used to identify you.
Protecting your information
The security of your information is important to us. We have security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of information under our control. We also follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the information transmitted to us over the Internet, both during transmission and once we receive it. Sensitive information (such as credit card numbers) are encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL). However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
It is important that you protect against unauthorised access of your Account and information by choosing your password carefully, and keeping your password and Account secure (e.g. by signing out after using our Services).
Accessing and updating your information
You may access and update your information within our Services through the “Settings” page of your Account.
Where you provide personal information about yourself to us, you are responsible for providing accurate, not misleading, complete and up-to-date information about yourself and any other person whose personal information you provide us, and to update this personal information as and when it becomes inaccurate, misleading, incomplete or out-of-date.
In certain circumstances, you may need to provide to us personal information about someone other than yourself. If so, we rely on you to inform these individuals that you are providing their personal information to RICCADO, to make sure they consent to you giving us their information and to advise them about where they can find a copy of this Privacy
We use tracking technologies on our Services.These enable us to understand how you use our Services which, in turn, helps us to provide and improve our Services. However, the tracking technologies do not access, receive or collect information which can be used to identify you. We have listed below some examples of the tracking technologies used on our Services:
Cookies. A cookie is a small data file sent from a website to your browser that is stored on your device. Cookies are used for a number of purposes, including to display the most appropriate content based on your interests and activity on our Services, estimate and report our Service's total audience size and traffic, and conduct research to improve our Services. You can configure your device's settings to reflect your preference to accept or reject cookies. If you reject all cookies, you will not be able to take full advantage of our Services.
Pixels. We may from time to time use certain Facebook Business Tools such as the Facebook Pixel. This tool allows RICCADO to keep track of what users do after they see or click on a Facebook advertisement and enables us to monitor the effectiveness of Facebook ads for purposes of statistics and market research. RICCADO will be able to better understand and deliver ads and make them more relevant to you. The collected data remains anonymous and RICCADO cannot see the personal data of any individual user.
Third party sites and resources
Our Services may, from time to time, contain links to external sites or resources which are operated by third parties. We have no control over the content and privacy practices of such sites or resources. You are advised to review the privacy policies of these sites and resources operated by third parties and understand how your information may be used by those third parties.